Welcome to the Donor Selection Guidelines (DSG)
The Donor Selection Guidelines (DSGs) are supplements of the Guidelines for the Blood Transfusion Services in the United Kingdom (Red Book). For convenience they are divided into the following publications:
- Bone Marrow & PBSC Donor Selection Guidelines
- Cord Blood Donor Selection Guidelines
- Geographical Disease Risk Index
- Tissue Donor Selection Guidelines - Deceased Donors
- Tissue Donor Selection Guidelines - Live Donors
- Whole Blood and Components Donor Selection Guidelines
Please note, these guidelines are for use by medical professionals who are trained in their use. It is not possible to answer questions or provide personal medical advice through this website. Help with such matters may be available through a local blood transfusion help line.
The guidelines on this website are always up-to-date, but implementation dates for each DSG may vary between the four UK Services. Please consult your local Service (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales) for details of implementation dates. They will usually be within three months from the date of changes made to the website.