Welcome to the National Blood Transfusion Committee
The National Blood Transfusion Committee (NBTC) promotes good transfusion practice by providing information and advice to hospitals and blood services.
The work of the committee also includes:
- consulting with national groups in developing best practice guidelines
- reviewing the performance of the transfusion services provided by the NHS Blood and Transplant service
- identifying service development needs
- providing patient information and seeking patients’ opinions
- giving advice to NHS England on transfusion practice
- providing information on education and training on blood transfusion.
The ten Regional Transfusion Committees (RTCs) are responsible for implementing actions of the National Blood Transfusion Committee (NBTC). They oversee the activities of the local Hospital Transfusion Committees (HTCs) and proide a link between the HTCs and the NBTC.