This website is undergoing a major redesign and will be relaunched in February 2014. While the content is transferred to the new site this website will not be updated. Please contact Teresa Little, Executive Assistant to the National Blood Transfusion Committee, to obtain recent NBTC papers. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope you will find the new site greatly improved.
The National Blood Transfusion Committee (NBTC) promotes good transfusion practice by providing information and advice to hospitals and blood services. The work of the committee also includes:
- consulting with national groups in developing best practice guidelines
- reviewing the performance of the transfusion services provided by the NHS Blood and Transplant service
- identifying service development needs
- providing patient information and seeking patients’ opinions
- giving advice to NHS England on transfusion practice
- providing information on education and training on blood transfusion.